Monday, March 30, 2009

Time Flies...

Playin outside


Hanging out with Auntie Emily during spring break :)



Aunt Amanda & Uncle Ali came to visit!!


My baby is 9 months old!! It seems like she has been in our family forever... but at the same time I can't believe it's already been nine months! Here are a few 9 month facts:
  • Leighton LOVES LOVES LOVES to be outside. We sit in the backyard, go on walks, and hang out by the pool non-stop! She is so happy to just sit and watch the scenery!
  • We don't have "exact" measurements this month... but I'm guessing she is around 14 lbs and 25ish inches!? Either way, she is still wearing 0-3 month clothes!
  • No teeth... but chewing and slobbering on everything
  • She has an adorable smile and laugh. She babbles a lot. Says "dada" and has said "mama" a couple times.
  • Sits on own... Rolls back and forth... Scoots on back
  • Hair is finally starting to grow!!! Color is yet to be determined... Reddish tint in the sun!?
  • Always wants to stay naked! She throws a royal fit when it's time to put her diaper back on or get dressed
  • Usually gets up about once during the night. Slept 100% through the night about 3 times. Dang it.
  • Leila loves: singing, dancing, tickling, books that play music, Elmo doll, necklaces, bracelets, mirrors, cell phones, ect.  Pretty much anything that sings, talks, is shiny, or reflects
  • So far she HATES HATES baby food. I don't think this will change. We've tried ever trick and every flavor. She will eat some grown-up foods: bananas, potatoes, bread, tortillas, and thanks to her grandmas & grandpas she loves pepsi & coke. Anything else we pretty much have to trick her into opening her mouth and sneak in the healthy stuff. (That lasts for about 8 bites!)
  • Best of all she loves her mom and dad!! Leighton adores her grammies, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Any familiar face puts a huge smile on hers!

7 comments:

tammy said...

I can't even stand how dang cute she is. She is just absolutely perfectly the cutest baby! I just want to eat her!

Blake and Jessica said...

So cute! It was so good to see and visit with you guys. Leighton is a doll. Brody misses his girlfriend...

Anonymous said...

What a cute little post dedicated to Leighton! I can't believe she is still wearing 0-3 month clothes. Preston is like a beast in my arms. For awhile I would wake up with sore arms from carrying him around. I would love to see the little girl. I just skipped the baby food and didn't even mess around with it. Preston loves about anything though. And he got his first taste of pepsi and I about cringed when my mom did it. I looked at Amanda and for an instance I thought it was you. Mmm pool time. That would be so nice. I am freezing my little toots off here. So cold. HEy thanks for the advice on judging. You are such a great friend! It so much fun, but at the same time stressful. I would do it again if I had the opportunity. Missed you this last trip!

Derek and Sheena said...

She is soo ADORABLE!! One of these trips back to Idaho, we need to get together and catch up. Keep posting:)

David and Melissa Belnap said...

She is utterly ADORABLE!!! She is just a cutie!! I don't blame her for not liking baby food...have you tried that stuff...ewe!!

Tasha said...

Cute post Rach. Time really does fly. Our little babes are going to be one before we even know what happened!!!! I want to come visit you sooo bad. I'm looking at snow out my window this very second and you're talking about sitting by the pool!! So unfair!!!

Kortney Manning said...

She has the sweetest smile! I love all the pictures of her! Your blog background is very cute, by the way!