Hanging out with Auntie Emily during spring break :)
Aunt Amanda & Uncle Ali came to visit!!
My baby is 9 months old!! It seems like she has been in our family forever... but at the same time I can't believe it's already been nine months! Here are a few 9 month facts:
- Leighton LOVES LOVES LOVES to be outside. We sit in the backyard, go on walks, and hang out by the pool non-stop! She is so happy to just sit and watch the scenery!
- We don't have "exact" measurements this month... but I'm guessing she is around 14 lbs and 25ish inches!? Either way, she is still wearing 0-3 month clothes!
- No teeth... but chewing and slobbering on everything
- She has an adorable smile and laugh. She babbles a lot. Says "dada" and has said "mama" a couple times.
- Sits on own... Rolls back and forth... Scoots on back
- Hair is finally starting to grow!!! Color is yet to be determined... Reddish tint in the sun!?
- Always wants to stay naked! She throws a royal fit when it's time to put her diaper back on or get dressed
- Usually gets up about once during the night. Slept 100% through the night about 3 times. Dang it.
- Leila loves: singing, dancing, tickling, books that play music, Elmo doll, necklaces, bracelets, mirrors, cell phones, ect. Pretty much anything that sings, talks, is shiny, or reflects
- So far she HATES HATES baby food. I don't think this will change. We've tried ever trick and every flavor. She will eat some grown-up foods: bananas, potatoes, bread, tortillas, and thanks to her grandmas & grandpas she loves pepsi & coke. Anything else we pretty much have to trick her into opening her mouth and sneak in the healthy stuff. (That lasts for about 8 bites!)
- Best of all she loves her mom and dad!! Leighton adores her grammies, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Any familiar face puts a huge smile on hers!